Now on Windows 7

Last week, since I got a lot of free time to spend, I decided to overhaul my PC. I have planned to do it from 4-5 months ago as the Windows 7 only released on November.

The best part of this is: I got the Ultimate Edition for S$ 0.00 \(^^)/. Thanks to my cousin =D. He got technician license and I got one from him hehehe... Special thanks for ko Robert ;)

Now, the hard part comes later. When I tried to install the new OS, I found that my Desktop overheated pretty fast. Then it won't restart properly-- always got a blue screen every time i do so, and the DVD Drive was looking like a snail smashed by a car. I actually spend 3 days to figure out what's wrong (after patching drivers, BIOS and the keyboard drama)-- my power supply broke. Great. I knew it has been starting to get spoiled since last year, but I never thought that it was THAT broke. So I need to spend some of my money which I saved a new Power Supply-- and it really does its magic =D. Special thanks to the guys at www.dslreports.com, Topaz and Adrian for helping me out on solving this one.

So.. I got the OS free but need to pay for PSU, even though I still got some $ saved, but it still a bit sad. ---but wait--- when I checked the receipt of my old PSU i found that it's on 2 years warranty. The expiry date: 13 Dec 2009. Next Saturday. Muahahahahahahaha... I directly went to Funan to claim =P. So I guess, I can salvage some money by selling the repaired unit. All went nice and well I guess =D

If you do got some money to spend on OS or looking for new Desktop/Notebook, I really suggest you upgrade to W7 (that is, if you're not going for Mac). It's fast and responsive, better than Vista but as light as XP. ^^~

Now, I know that this post may sound a little bit geeky, but I really had a nice experience tinkering my PC for the first time =). Now I know a little bit more about it, and I guess it's learning by doing. I promise you that the next posting will go back to my usual topic. hehe. Until then, I just want to say, Have a blessed advent weeks to all of us! =)

God Bless!

0 comments:

Forewords

There was a time when I lost my desire to write and to share. There was a time when I didn't see the point of doing a blog to express my thought. I am who I am though, inconsistent as I am in doing this blog, but I do want to share and I do long to write. Today I'm giving it another go. Fingers crossed. But I still wish that "Let there be light" is the message that I convey.
  • January 1st 2012, Kristo