Budi Soehardi

I never heard this name before, but it was brought out by Yos last night and I checked about him afterwards. He received CNN Tribute to Heroes 2009, an Indonesian (and if I'm not mistaken, a Jogjakartans). Budi Soehardi was a pilot for Singapore Airlines, but he spend most of his salary to run an orphanage of 40+ children in Timor.

It was magnificent story of a Christian.. (I heard from Yos that he went to GPO when he's in Singapore) A real salt and light to the world. He actually turn words into action and it was encouraging to have someone like him giving an example.

Made me wonders sometimes, what is or role in this world? Did I spend my money correctly?

God, please teach me to be a true salt and light..

Below is the video of the awards. Click on this link in case you're viewing on FB..

Let there be Light!


Visit this link for complete videos and information on his work.

0 comments:

Forewords

There was a time when I lost my desire to write and to share. There was a time when I didn't see the point of doing a blog to express my thought. I am who I am though, inconsistent as I am in doing this blog, but I do want to share and I do long to write. Today I'm giving it another go. Fingers crossed. But I still wish that "Let there be light" is the message that I convey.
  • January 1st 2012, Kristo