On Uncle Heng and being a PKTB

Hi again...

This semester I'm taking one subject that EEE student most afraid of- not because it's hard, but because the project is time consuming and out-of-your-mind task. Meet Human Resource Management (HRM). I've heard that the teacher checks your project report, and ask you to redo if there's an error even though it's one week before exam.... Meet the one and only.. Mr. Michael Heng Swee Hai...


Two Lectures have been done, and so far, I am impressed with his skills, but terrified by his tutorials.. They ask us to do a cold connection with a senior manager of one company, interview him/her, ask them who's their competitor (at least 3) and contact their respective senior manager and ask whether they think the first company is their competitor or just another company- along with other questions...

The first lecture Mr. Michael said to us: "I'm not here to put knowledge into your head-I'm here to make you die"..... Ooookay.... Last year when I went to his lecture (sneaking would be more accurate word) he said to the fourth years: "Don't use your FYP (tugas akhir in Indonesian) as a reason not to do your HRM Project! I have told all your FYP supervisor that your FYP will be stalled because of HRM!!!"..... Oooooooookaaayyy.... Back then I instantly go out of the lecture theater since I was too terrified. But now, there's no running from it I'm afraid =__=

My project group are chosen by him, consisting of five people: Me, one Singaporean and three people from PRC. I just hope that we can work together well enough... The group leader will be the one with their name first in the list, and the list is sorted in alphabetical order. And guess what? I'm that 'lucky' guy! And there I thought that 'K' is the 11-th letter in our ABC...

Still, from the two lectures I attended.. I have to admit that I will learn a lot of things from this subject. I learned something already in fact!

Next is being PKTB... Ah... Time does fly.. I thought it was only yesterday when Cipto asked me whether I want to join his KTB or not. And from there one journey full of blessings began.. Now, it is my turn to do the asking and teaching. I have to admit, I struggled with myself, whether I am suitable on doing it. Sure, I was once the chairman of ISCF, sure I talked a lot, sure I don't have problems with study.. But is my behaviour befittting of one to be a Christian molder? After all, I'm also a work in progress, and somehow I count myself as slow progressing work...

But then Psalms 23:4 said to me that:
"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me"

It was then I realized, it's not about worthy or not worthy-- no one is worthy. But even though God knew it, he chooses us anyway, cause He will be the one leading our way. Thy rod and thy staff, the one that will give me discipline and lessons will be the one that comfort me indeed.

Please pray for me that I can be a good PKTB, and that I can do my best in my HRM...

-K-

0 comments:

Forewords

There was a time when I lost my desire to write and to share. There was a time when I didn't see the point of doing a blog to express my thought. I am who I am though, inconsistent as I am in doing this blog, but I do want to share and I do long to write. Today I'm giving it another go. Fingers crossed. But I still wish that "Let there be light" is the message that I convey.
  • January 1st 2012, Kristo